Microsoft HDMI DisplayAdapters
This page was created on 20/04/19 and last updated on 22/05/19 by Melvin Ashton, Outwood, Wakefield UK
These devices are compatible with Microsoft, HP and Android devices but, currently, NOT with Apple devices !
I previously used a fairly long HDMI cable to connect to our large screen LG Television Receiver .....
The cable restricts the distance that I can work with my PC or Tablet so I purchased TWO Microsoft Adapters ...
MSDisplayAdapter_7D and MSDisplayAdapter_3B
These devices allow my two TV receivers to display a 'duplicate' of my computer, laptop or tablet screen (my requirement).
Also, if required, one or more TV's can be set as 'extended desktop(s)'
Set up of the TV is very easy and Automatic:
1) Plug the Adapter HDMI connector into a TV HDMI input;
2) Plug the Adapter USB connector into a TV USB input;
3) Switch the TV on and select the designated HDMI input. The TV should then setup very quickly ....
4) On your Computer, Tablet, or 'Phone, search for a new device - the
MSDisplayAdapter should appear.
On selecting the MSDisplayAdapter the TV should show it connecting to your computer.
Note that I found this setup quite easy BUT - on next attempting to reconnect I have had problems ('solved').
5) Alternative Applications (Open Windows 'Project' Page)
Firmware update and additional settings:
Please let me know how things go if you try one of these devices by
Purchased from AMAZON Current price (version 2) £42.99 - April, 2019
Space reserved for bookmarks !